- NEWARK, NJ
- Newark Beth Israel Medical Ctr
- Dietary Management
- FOOD SERVICE
- Posted: July 30, 2021
• The Dietary Assistant is actively involved in department activities and has a responsibility to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to NBI.
• Responsibilities include diet office work as assigned.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate dietary data and coordinating menu selections for the patients.
• Entering patients’ diet orders into the computer.
• Answering the telephone.
• Maintaining current diet orders for all patients; and printing diet rosters, snack labels, and bulk nourishment floor stock sign sheets.
• Maintains up to date diet records for all patients to include food allergies, food preferences and current diet orders.
• Provides patient menus, diet rosters, snack lists, tallies, and labels in a timely manner and oversees all diet office activities.
• Monitors and assists with meal service operations to ensure that patients diet orders are followed and meals are delivered timely.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.