- Oceanport, NJ
- System Business Office
- EMR Project Capital
- INFORMATION SYSTEMS & IT
- Posted: July 21, 2021
Epic Electronic Medical Record offers an integrated suite of healthcare software centered on its Chronicles database management system. Epic's applications support functions related to patient care, including registration and scheduling; clinical systems for doctors, nurses, emergency personnel, and other care providers; systems for lab technologists, pharmacists, and radiologists; and billing systems for insurers.
The Applications Analyst-Training is responsible for a wide range of IT tasks and training support activities in order to facilitate the efficient work flow of the training of end users on the application.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with two (2) or more years of related work experience
- Minimum: Associate’s degree with three (3) or more years of related work experience
- Preferred: Two (2) years LMS administration experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Minimum: One (1) year LMS or related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required
- Complete knowledge of office procedures required
- Experience with LMS preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Minimum: Obtaining applicable certification will be an expectation of the role
- Applicant is expected to maintain certification as current by completing New Version Training (NVT), as applicable
- Adaptability/flexibility: demonstrating flexibility with respect to changing end-user business needs
- Critical thinking: the ability and willingness to see things in an open-minded way and examine an idea or concept from as many angles as possible
- Dependability: the ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and able to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Initiative: the ability and willingness to recognize assignments or tasks that need to be completed, to seek out additional assignments or tasks, and to help others
- Interpersonal skills: the ability to communicate information clearly and concisely with project leadership and subject matter experts; the ability to gain trust and establish effective relationships with Epic counterparts
- Learning: the ability and willingness to learn new software and systems
- Listening: listening attentively to ensure that the intended message has been accurately received, holding responses until the person has finished making their point, and repeating information to ensure accuracy
- Problem solving: seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem's cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and to prevent its recurrence
- Resilience: the ability to persevere in difficult situations, overcome obstacles, and reach high levels of performance when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively with colleagues and managers. Keeps others informed of work status and changes that relate to their activities; and encourage team cooperation to successfully carry out team initiatives. The extent to which we demonstrate enthusiasm, courtesy, pride in our work, flexibility and spirit of collaboration.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with LMS Management
- Outstanding customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented skills are required.
The Application Analyst is primarily responsible for providing LMS support to the Training Manager, Principal Trainers and Credentialed Trainers. In addition to the duties discussed in the Role Description, the Application Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Knowledge of:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to continually adapt and learn new procedures and software programs
- Knowledge of Web based instruction
- Knowledge of Learning Management System administration
- Skills and Abilities to:
- Basic knowledge of tools such as HTML, Macromedia Flash, streaming audio, video, compression methods, file types and formats
- Must be enterprising, diplomatic, and proactive at solving problems
- High level of problem-solving skills
- Providing on-call support for application through go-live and post go-live
- Essential Functions:
- Develop, maintain, and operate various technologies used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs and courses.
- Research and resolve LMS functionality issues.
- Provide and develop roles, security, and enrollment management.
- Solve basic technical problems; investigate and seek solutions to complex issues and perform onsite installation or replacement of various hardware and software for LMS.
- In conjunction with the Principal Trainers, document all LMS configurations, procedures, and workflow diagrams.
- Give individual or group instruction to users or plan for instruction of software or systems.
- Runs reports as needed to show LMS usage.
- Supplemental Functions:
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Participate in performance-related goal setting and achievement to meet personal and organizational goals and objectives.
- Attend and participate in trainings and other professional development activity.ne