- NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
- Main Hospital - New Brunswick
- Medical Unit-I
- No Category Assigned
- Posted: July 28, 2021
RWJBH is seeking an Orthopedic Technician for our Medical Unit-I at the New Brunswick campus. This is a full-time, day position (40hours/week).
- Must read and write English and have good rapport with people.
- Potential exposure to hazardous materials and communicable diseases.
- Assists with patient transfer from bed to chair and chair to bed, and assists with patient transports to and from physical therapy in a safe, courteous, compassionate manner.
- Proper body mechanics are used when transferring patients to minimize injury.
Assists with patient treatment programs such that:
- Proper body mechanics are used when moving patients and equipment.
- Participates with lifting and guarding of patients.
- Clear instructions are giving to patients.
- Safe, clean environment is provided for patients.
- Emotional/psychological support is given at all times to patient. Assists patient care efforts in a safe compassionate manner such that:
- Patients will be assisted with dressing, toileting, turning and positioning, and discharge
- Call bells are answered quickly and courteously. Communicates with all members of the health care team, patients and families:
- Utilizing therapeutic communication skills and friendly guest relations with patients and family members.
- Reporting data observed to RN immediately
- Observing patient confidentiality. Participates in the maintenance of unit equipment and environment by:
- Assuring orderliness of patient care areas and hallways.
- Reporting equipment failures promptly to charge nurse.
- Cleaning of unit based equipment.
- Performing daily equipment checks.
- Consistently utilizes universal precautions and any other isolation techniques to minimize transmission of infection. Attend staff meetings so that:.