- BELLEVILLE, NJ
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- Per Diem - Day
- Posted: June 14, 2021
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare’s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for Security Officers to work per diem, providing the highest level of safety, security and customer service for our patients, visitors, employees and guests. RWJ Security Officers are instrumental in maintaining a safe and secure environment for our employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors and visitors by monitoring and patrolling our facilities. Officers demonstrate exceptional customer service while providing assistance with disruptive incidents, emergency services, personal protection and traffic/parking control. The incumbent will act as an agent of the area they are engaged to protect, maintain order; detect and report any crime or safety-related activity and work to prevent future occurrences. Safety is our number one priority, so we consider this one of many responsibilities to be important. You will also be accountable for the following duties:
- Protect life, property, information and, reputation by employing situational awareness; monitoring and securing designated entrances/exits; observing the flow of employees, patients, physicians, students, vendors and visitors into the facility; verifying credentials and providing directions to authorized areas.
- Evaluate and respond in a timely manner to events and incidents in accordance with System policies.
- Respond immediately, or as the appropriate, to emergency/unusual situations including disturbances, disruptive employees, patients, vendors & visitors, fires and medical emergencies (i.e. including, but not limited to restraining agitated patients in accordance with System policy).
- Investigate incidents, prepare and submit all required documentation according to RWJBH policies and procedures.
- Control and regulate pedestrian and vehicle traffic, when volume and events require, in an orderly and safe manner.
- Enforce facility access control policy and parking regulations.
- Operate and maintain facility vehicles in accordance with regulatory and policy requirements.
- Provide safety escorts and assistance to employees, patients and visitors.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year customer service or security experience or prior law enforcement, military service strongly preferred.
- Valid New Jersey Driver’s License (eligible to be covered by RWJBH insurance carrier).
- Keyboarding/data entry skills; experience with Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. verbal, written).
- Bilingual (dependent upon facility) strongly preferred.
- Handle with Care (Best) course completion within sixty (60) days from date of hire.