- NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
- Main Hospital - New Brunswick
- Medical Records
- CLERICAL / ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Posted: June 10, 2021
RWJBH is seeking an Associate for our Medical Records Department at the New Brunswick campus. This is a full-time, evening position (40hrs per week).
- The Health Information Associate is responsible for the pickup and tracking of medical records upon patient discharge, HIM reception desk, scanning, analysis, final check and ROI.
- The person will have expert knowledge in the section they are assigned as well as the ability to cover multiple areas of the department.
- All employees are responsible for the reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
- The Health Information Associate candidate must have 2 years of HIM experience preferably in more than one section of the clerical area.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer