- BELLEVILLE, NJ
- Clara Maass Medical Center
- Operating Room
- Per Diem - Day
- Sterile Processing
- Posted: May 28, 2021
Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatric, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area, and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare’s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for an Anesthesia Technician to support the anesthesia team by assisting the Anesthesiologists and Nurse Anesthetists who are performing anesthetic procedures for patients, by acquisition and preparation of the equipment and supplies required for the administration of anesthesia.
- Assist members of the anesthesia team as directed, by safely and appropriately distributing anesthesia equipment and supplies.
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize anesthesia supplies and equipment
- Perform and document equipment maintenance
- Order and maintain par levels of anesthesia equipment and intravenous solutions.
- Under supervision, handle pharmaceuticals related to the administration of anesthesia, including but not limited to, rotating supplies, requisitioning supplies to maintain par levels, removing expired medications, stocking carts, etc.
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- BLS Required.
- Work-related experience with a strong understanding of medical terminology.
- One to two (1-2) years of experience as an Anesthesia Tech (preferred).
- ASATT Certification (preferred).
- Have the ability to:
- Read printed materials, with hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Hear a conversational voice with or without a hearing aid, able to lift, and move heavy objects.
- Remain calm in critical and emergent situations.
- Be a team player, maintain a professional attitude and departmental code of conduct.
- Demonstrated knowledge not limited to aseptic technique, universal precautions/ isolation precautions, OR surgical attire, laser safety, cell saver, patient positioning and body mechanics, massive transfusion protocol, glucometer, proper cleaning, disinfecting, and maintenance of various anesthesia-related equipment, and stocking anesthesia supplies, etc.
- Available to the anesthesia team for all phases of the anesthetic care of the patient.