RWJBH is seeking a Support Aide in the Environmental Services Department for our New Brunswick campus. This is a full-time, day position (40hours/week).
- Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings and equipment and mopping floors with special cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease.
- Uses damp, disinfectant-treated cloths and vacuum cleaner to dust windowsills, blinds, floors, furniture, and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Scours and polishes sinks, tubs, mirrors, and other equipment.
- Replenish supplies of soap, towels, and other dispensable items.
- Gathers and disposes of trash, washes wastebaskets and large refuse containers, and relines with plastic bags.
- Removes soiled linens.
- Ability to present information in a one-on-one and/or small group situation.
- Mechanical aptitude to operate machines and equipment
- This position requires rotating weekends.
- Must know how to use common housecleaning implements such as mops, floor waxes, and scouring pads to keep areas clean and well serviced.
- Ability to follow oral or written instructions.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.