Corporate Health Nurse Equity Manager - Diversity and Inclusion (FT)
This job posting is no longer active.
- SOMERSET, NJ
- RWJ - 379 Campus Dr. Somerset
- Diversity & Inclusion
- PROFESSIONAL / MANAGEMENT
- Posted: Yesterday
The Corporate Health Nurse Equity Manager supports the expansion and integration of the Corporate Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s strategic plan including clinical, operational, educational and research delivery for RWJBarnabas Health System.
- Provide support in integration of Diversity and Inclusion under the leadership of the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer (CDO), fostering a climate that respects and values Diversity, Equity and Inclusion throughout the organization and the community. Identify nursing and clinical national best practices for consideration and implementation into strategic initiatives for delivery of day-to-day operations.
- Assist in developing and drafting clinical and non-clinical best practice research, which includes identifying training methodologies related to the healthcare business case for health equity and provide post-training support to nursing and other clinical teams when needed.
- Highlight clinical implications for healthcare disparities and identify areas of knowledge deficits for learning such as Unconscious Bias and Sensitivity Training, including Language Services for Patients with Limited English Proficiency and Communication Services for Deaf and Hard of Hearing to effectively and respectfully deliver health care to the increasingly diverse populations served.
- Perform data collection and analysis relevant to Race, Ethnicity, and Language (Real) data to identify disparities, cultural competency needs, and clinical gaps and implications to design improvement for equitable patient-centered care.
- Identifying vehicles for presenting research and data accounting for location, audience, and allocated time.
- Manage cultural assessments on issues of diversity, equity, inclusion, and bias.
- Design and deliver health promotion and risk reduction services for diverse healthcare populations including disadvantaged patients.
- Support the execution of Diversity and Inclusion system’s goals and obligations such as site-specific meetings, presentations and planning of major rollouts.
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Clinical Sciences. Master’s degree preferred
- Valid NJ-RN license preferred
- At least 3 years of progressive clinical experience
- At least 2 years of experience in performing Diversity and Inclusion Cultural Competence training.
- Travel to RWJBarnabas Health System sites in New Jersey (30%).
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital).