- Newark, NJ
- Newark Beth Israel
- Retail Pharmacy - NBI
- Posted: February 22, 2021
The Pharmacy Technician assists in the preparation and distribution of medications in a safe and effective manner under the direct supervision of a licensed pharmacist and adheres to corporate/department policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws. This position is located at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center.
- Intake of new prescriptions including pertinent patient information
- Prepares/packages medications for pharmacist verification
- Data entry of prescriptions/insurance info
- Contact insurance companies to resolve issues
- Initiating Prior Authorization process
- Communicates with prescribers to obtain refill authorization
- Assist in pharmacy inventory management: inventory returns, restocking shelves, placing and expediting orders, verifying receipt, monitor for outdated drugs, and physical inventory preparation
- Assist patients/ring out sales at POS while providing quality customer service in a timely manner
- Process bank deposits
- Maintains and demonstrates solid knowledge regarding generic to trade name relationships, pharmacy calculations, and Rx abbreviations and symbols.
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associates degree preferred.
- One year of Retail Pharmacy experience preferred
- New Jersey Pharmacy Technician Registration or obtained within six months of start date as a Pharmacy Technician
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state’s second largest private employer – with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital).