Financial Analyst (FT) - Emergency Hospitalist Medicine Services Line - West Orange, NJ
- West Orange, NJ
- Barnabas Health Medical Group
- Posted: February 22, 2021
The Financial Analyst will facilitate the monthly closing process, generate timely internal reports, and is responsible for analyzing data. They will verify data and maintain accurate system information for employee reimbursements and department budgets under the Emergency and Hospitalist Medicine (EHM) Service Line.
- Preparation of financial and statistical reports
- Extract and reconcile data from various systems on a recurring basis and analyze for accuracy; identify trends and impact analysis
- Assist in the review of General Ledger activity on a monthly basis for accuracy
- Assist with financial planning and forecasting and the preparation of annual budgets
- Participate in the execution of department goals
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Works closely with the AVP of Finance and provide assistance as needed
- Any other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field required
- 1-3 years of experience working as a financial or business analyst preferred
- Prior healthcare industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial reports and develop meaningful analysis
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of business professionals at all levels of the organization including management, physicians, support staff, patients, and customers.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company information
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals – Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children’s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children’s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state’s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts