Patient Navigator-Full Time Day Shift- Institute for Prevention & Recovery
This job posting is no longer active.
- Eatontown, NJ
- Central Jersey Behavioral
- Somerset OORP - Grant
- BEHAVIORAL & MENTAL HEALTH
- Posted: June 9, 2021
The Peer Recovery Program Patient Navigator is responsible for effectively guiding patients with Substance Use Disorder through the complexities of the healthcare system. The navigator will screen the individual for social determinants of health, determine the most appropriate services to address their needs and educate the patient on their options. The patient navigator will assist in removing any barriers associated with access to care. The navigator will manage follow-up appointments to coordinate continuation of care and linkages to community resources. The patient navigator will also work alongside Recovery Specialist team to support the patient and ensure highest quality of care.
- Master’s degree in behavioral health profession preferred
- LCADC, LPC, LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist preferred
- Strong communication skills, active listening skills, cooperation and teamwork
- ASAM Knowledge and experience with ASAM placement criteria preferred
- Must possess the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to completely perform case management
- Minimum three (3) years demonstrated experience working with substance use disorder clients