- Jersey CIty, NJ
- Jersey City Medical Center
- Nursing Staff Office
- CLERICAL / ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
- Posted: August 10, 2022
You are in demand everywhere...but it pays to come here!
If you want to work in a premier hospital that wins awards, nurtures people, and tirelessly strives to advance care, you’ll find your match at Jersey City Medical Center. Our not-for-profit hospital, a proud member of RWJBarnabas Health, has been honored time and again—for our strides in patient care and safety, and as the regional leader in specialties like cardiology, stroke, and trauma care.
As our status and patient volume continue to grow, we are adding talent to our organization
Among our many accolades, we have been designated 8 times the only A-Rated for Safety Hospital, awarded Magnet Recognition for superior nursing, named Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report and ranked among the 100 best places to work in healthcare (nationally). Jersey City Medical Center is also ideally located— in the vibrant Jersey City waterfront community overlooking the harbor, just 10 minutes from New York City, with a grand view of the Statue of Liberty.
The Administrative Secretary autonomously provides diverse administrative support, secretarial, receptionist, clerical, and general office duties, including scheduling, staffing, and payroll, completing activities with minimal supervision. Organize the filing system and maintain files and records such as employee files, reports, correspondence, committees, division correspondence, and other documents for the smooth operation of the office. Provides support and is a liaison to the Nursing Staffing Office. Provide an effective system for a flow of communications to management and staff members and collaborate with other departments and other multidisciplinary team members. The Administrative Secretary assists with the day-to-day administrative support operations and assumes independent work projects under the direction of the department manager to contribute to the department to fulfill its mission and exceeding its goals.
- Performs administrative support, secretarial and clerical duties assuming independent work projects whenever possible, managing the day-to-day office operations for the department manager in a responsible, discreet, and confidential manner; coordinates the flow of communications into and out of the office to ensure efficient and effective daily department operations.
- Bring to the attention of the department leader important dates, documents, and communications requiring an immediate response; open, review, screen for priority items, sort, and distribute mail received and facilitates timely referral of issues to appropriate parties as instructed.
Participates in overall telephone and secretarial coverage, receiving, screens, and appropriately directs all phone calls, transfers inbound phone calls on multiple line telephones. Accurately takes telephone/visitor messages and handles correspondence assuring timely and proper routing of messages on behalf of the department professionally and courteously.
- Proficient computer knowledge, skill, and usage of computer programs in office software, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc., and office-based technology, such as printers, scanners, fax, use virtual conference applications technology, GoToMeeting, and Webex to arrange and operate virtual meetings using.
- Organizes activities and response to administrative support needs or special projects for the department manager; maintains strict schedules,
We are committed to High Reliability and consistent demonstration of our Safety Together behaviors and tools:
S - Speak up for Safety
A - Accurately communicate
F - Focus on the task
E - Exercise and accept a questioning attitude
T - Thoughtfully interact
Y - You and Me Together
RWJBarnabas Health offers excellent-provided benefits which include: competitive compensation, comprehensive medical/dental benefits, 403 (B) savings plan, Flexible Spending Plans, PTO program, tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Equal Employment Opportunity