Medical Scribe (PT Days) - Emergency Medicine - Jersey City & Bayonne, NJ
This job posting is no longer active.
- Jersey CIty, NJ
- Jersey City Medical Center
- ER Physician - JCMC
- MEDICAL SCRIBE
- Posted: October 19, 2021
The Medical Scribe provides Emergency and Hospitalist Medicine Department clinicians with documentation assistance and follow-up on diagnostics/consults/orders, etc. This assistance is crucial in providing clinicians additional time to directly speak to and consult with patients. This is a great opportunity for entry level healthcare professionals to build on medical knowledge and gain invaluable clinical exposure in working alongside numerous MDs, NPs, and PAs.
- Accompany clinicians into patient rooms and transcribe clinician dictations/notes
- Actively listen to all conversations pertaining to patient care between the clinician and other healthcare providers, patients, family, etc. and document relevant information into the EMR
- Document clinician and patient encounters into EMR
- Seek out missing information from clinicians to complete the physician chart
- Gather and input pertinent patient information from external sources (e.g. outpatient lab tests, nursing home/EMS records)
- Place phone calls to PMD offices, pharmacies, etc. as requested by the clinician
- Keep clinicians informed of resulting diagnostics and troubleshoot delays in those results
- Employee will work any of the shifts which are 7 days a week.
- Shifts are 7 days a week.
- This is a day position.
- Employee will rotate through all day shifts: 7a-7p x2, 10a-10p, 11a-11p (Bayonne), 12p-12a x2
- Part Time day position will guarantee one shift per week, minimum 8 hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required within one (1) year of hire. Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent at time of hire will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program as a condition of employment. New hires will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA. * Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Completion of science or clinical coursework at the undergraduate level or above required. Work experience in a direct patient care clinical setting may be considered in lieu of science or clinical coursework.
- Work, volunteer, or shadowing experience in the healthcare field required. Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred (e.g. medical scribe, patient care technician, medical assistant, EMT). Must be documented on resume.
- Superb listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Ability to type 50 words per minute adjusted for errors