- Hamilton, NJ
- RWJUH Hamilton Hospital
- Environmental Services
- Posted: October 13, 2021
Environmental Services Worker - To maintain a clean, disease, and germ free environment, as well an overall pleasant atmosphere for our patients, visitors and staff by performing proper environmental services techniques.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School graduate or GED preferred. One year experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Responsible for maintaining a dust-free environment.
2. Readily demonstrates knowledge & accepts assignments of thoroughly cleaning bed/mattress.
3. Responsible for patient satisfaction, room cleanliness.
4. Responsible for sanitation in the department.
5. Responsible for the area assigned daily before and after shift.
6. Readily accepts all assignments in any location & performs thoroughly all tasks assigned.
7. Performs daily sanitation of all rest rooms.
8. Readily applies knowledge of cleaning steps to assure all service is thorough.
9. Readily demonstrates floor care knowledge.
10. Readily demonstrates chemical usage and proper usage.
11. Readily demonstrates cleanliness of carts and closets without daily reminders.
12. Works independently on a daily basis.
13. Ability to work with other staff members on a daily basis.
14. Ability to demonstrate the hospitals five star standards on a daily basis.
15. Ability to produce written and verbal reports to the department director as needed.
16. Responsible for the upkeep for department logs.
17. Follows daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
18. Minimizes waste and over production.
19. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
20. Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all equipment.
21. Responsible to participate in council meetings as designated by the department director.
22. Responsible to attend other department meetings as requested by the director
23. Responsible to assist in the setting up and breaking down of all special functions both internal and external.
24. Required to attend all staff & Hospital meetings as scheduled.
GED / HS Requirements!
High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA. RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.